Wikipedia Trail: From Czech Republic to Prague

 Article 1: Czech Republic

I chose this topic because I read the Czech folktales this week, and I've been to the Czech Republic, but I honestly don't know much about it. The most interesting thing that I learned is that water from the country's rivers flows into three different seas: North, Baltic, and Black. 

Article 2: Bohemia

This article got my interest because I've always heard the term "bohemian" but have no idea of its origin. I learned that Bohemia is the western part of the Czech Republic or the historical lands of the Bohemian crown. 

Article 3: Holy Roman Empire

The last article taught me that Bohemia was once part of the Holy Roman Empire, so I wanted to learn more. The coolest thing I learned was that Prague was the largest city of the empire around the year 1600. 

Article 4: Prague

I visited Prague when I went to the Czech Republic, and it was an incredibly beautiful city. I learned that, among other things, the city has a rich history of brewing beer!

Personal Photo of Prague (July 2018).

Comments

Popular Posts