Famous Last Words: Dead Week

My Reading This Week
  • The reading this week went well for me. I read Czech folktales since I've been to the Czech Republic but don't know any of the folklore of the country. It was interesting to see similar stories, such as the classic beauty and the beast tale, in this mix. I was able to do both portions of the reading and learned many interesting things because of it. 
My Best Writing This Week
  • I think my best writing this week was for my honors research paper. I'm doing my paper on the coronavirus response in Germany, and the research teaches me so much new information each week. I had to write two more pages of the paper, and I think they went well. My best writing in this class, however, was for my storybook. I think that's the most creative task of this class, and I always find it interesting. The revisions I made to a previous storybook tale, too, were beneficial.
Other People's Writing
  • I really enjoyed reading people's storybooks and portfolios this week. I also got to read a few more introductions from people I haven't "met" yet, so that was exciting! The descriptions people use in their works are so good, they make me think I should work on that in my own stories. 
My Other Classes
  • I've got plenty to do in my other classes this week, as it's dead week. I need to finish up a long lab report for my microbiology capstone, and I need to add more to my paper for my German honors research. I also need to study for my pathogenic microbiology final, but that's not until the middle of next week. 
Outside of School
  • I haven't been doing too much outside of school recently, but I did just finish a book called The Open Heart Club. It's both a memoir and a history book about cardiology, and I found it really interesting.

Painting of a heart by Denise Chan (source: Wikimedia).

Next Week
  • I hope to finish this class in the next week!

Comments

Popular Posts