Wikipedia Trail: From Natal, South Africa to UNESCO

Article 1: KwaZulu-Natal

 I searched Natal, South Africa, first because I saw the province mentioned on the Twitter thread in a post about a Hindu celebration along with the comment that a lot of Indians live there. I was honestly unaware that many Indians live in African countries, so I wanted to find out more. 

Article 2: uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park

The first article mentioned that the Natal province is home to uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park. I've never heard of it, so I wanted to see what it looked like (turns out it's absolutely gorgeous).

Photo of uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park by Cwawebber. 

Article 3: World Heritage Site

The uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I don't really know how these sites are chosen or the scope of UNESCO, so I wanted to look into it. These sites are chosen for their cultural, historical, scientific, or additional significance. 

Article 4: UNESCO 

UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization) itself is a specialized subdivision of the UN dedicated to the promotion of world peace through the disciplines in its name. This article taught me that the organization seeks to improve global literacy rates and technical training through the sponsorship of programs. 

Comments

Popular Posts