Microfiction: Two Tiny Stories About Ramen

 100-Word Story

Last night I made some ramen with toppings, too. I boiled some water to make the noodles and two soft-boiled eggs. I marinated and cooked some chicken breasts. I chopped some green onion. I combined some seasoning in a bowl. Then, I created my dish. First, I added the noodles to the sauce and mixed them. Second, I placed the chicken on top of the noodles. Third, I added the rest of the toppings: the soft-boiled egg, corn, green onion, and sesame seeds. I tried to make it look pretty like at the restaurants. It wasn't perfect, but it'll do.

Personal photo of the ramen I made last night. 

2-Sentence Story

Last night I made some ramen with fancy toppings, too. It wasn't as good as it could've been, but it'll do. 

Author's Note: I've really missed going to restaurants this year, so I tried to make restaurant-style ramen last night. The 100-word story illustrates the lengthy process I undertook to make the ramen, while the 2-sentence story is more of an abbreviated version that doesn't highlight the ingredients of the dish. 

Comments

Popular Posts