Growth Mindset: "The Difference Between Praise and Feedback"


  • This article confirmed the idea that too much praise can often prevent children from attempting challenging things at which they may fail. 
  • I learned that the best way to combat overpraising is to get involved with children's thought processes, highlighting both successes and failures. 
  • I don't have kids (and don't plan to for a while) so something I may implement in my own life now would be to adapt the concept of giving detailed praise/feedback to children and instead use a similar approach when I feel frustrated about something in my life, highlighting both the good and the not-so-good things that I did that led to that situation.
    • I'll try to do this especially when I am practicing yoga, which is usually how I relieve stress. 


Love by le vent le cri (source: Wikimedia).

Comments

Popular Posts