Storybook Plan


Personal photo of a vineyard in Cochem, Germany (July 2018). 

Three of the stories I think I will adapt for my storybook are "Mouse Tower," "The Story of the Youth Who Went Forth to Learn What Fear Was," and "The Forsaken Bride." It is common to take cruises or boat rides down the Rhine River in Germany. I'm planning on tying these tales together by telling my stories from the perspective of a traveler who goes down the river and either: 1) encounters the people in these tales, or 2) experiences the actual events of these myths themself. I want to learn as much as possible about the classic stories native to this region of Germany and to convey them to my readers without sacrificing their integrity. It'd be nice to include some details about the scenery and landmarks of the region, too, so readers get a good feel for what the area looks like. 

Comments

Popular Posts