Week 2 Reading Overview

The following is my tentative reading schedule for the semester. 

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: The Iliad 
Week 4: The Oddesy 

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5: Life of the Buddha  
Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: Japanese Mythology 
Week 9: Ozaki

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: Cherokee 
Week 11: Inuit 

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
Week 12: Celtic Tales 
Week 13: Canterbury Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: Jacobs 
Week 15: Lang I


Palaiyak and other Copper Inuit at Bernard Harbour, Northwest Territories (Nunavut) by J. J. O'Neill (source: Wikimedia).

I'm particularly excited about the Native American unit, especially the Inuit stories. I chose the image above because it depicts an Inuit myth, a subject I know practically nothing about! I will also find the classical mythology and Indian units interesting. 

Comments

Popular Posts